JOB SUMMARY: As a Support Intern, you will work with our support team and get hands-on training providing technical support for our SVO Managed IT customers.
OBJECTIVES: Offer intern practical work experience, desktop support, and an opportunity to gain experience with projects, networks, and server systems. This internship will involve challenging opportunities, real technical projects and interaction with staff. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the information technology field.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
RELATIONSHIPS: The position reports directly to the Manager – Professional Services. The position also has primary working relationships with Spectrum engineers and will interact directly with Spectrum Virtual customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with technology professionals to build an in-depth understanding of real-world methods and challenges
- Assist Support Center Team with answering phone calls and emails, and meeting the SLA (Services Level Agreement) requirements
- Gain familiarity with typical support center tasks, including resolving technical requests via email and by phone
- Coordinate service requests with onsite IT Departments where applicable
- Gain knowledge of how to create and maintain network and systems documentation
- Complete ConnectWise data entry in an accurate and timely fashion
- Support and Troubleshoot Windows environments
- Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 environments
- Troubleshoot LAN and WAN connectivity issues
- Understand how to troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software/networking issues remotely
- Support Citrix environments
- Support a variety of proprietary software applications
- Configure email/settings on mobile phones
- Provide first level support with VoIP phones
- Participate in as many formal and informal development activities as you can to advance your skills and knowledge
- Meet Spectrum Virtual standards of utilization
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skills:
- Understands the concept of and actively participate in a team environment
- Possess ability to work collectively with team supervisors and peers on various projects
- Possess understanding of customer support concepts and skills
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form to supervisors, peers and end users
- Possess analytical skill and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems
- Customer Service – Responds promptly and courteously to customers’ requests for service and assistance; manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds company values.
- Organizational Support – Follows company policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; listens well.
- Ability to research and understand technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources
- Ability to apply critical thinking and a methodical approach to problem identification and resolution.
- Planning and organization – Possess the ability to prioritize and plan work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Detail & Task Oriented – Ability to manage and follow through on multiple tasks, items and communications in a timely manner.
- Independent Worker – Ability to resolve issues utilizing computer skills without the aid of others in a timely manner.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of the Internet. Also an individual should be able to operate a PC installed with a Microsoft operating system.
EDUCATIONAL/WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED; in the process of attaining a 2 or 4 year degree preferred
- Some work experience required but not limited to the IT field.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, and driving record must meet the criteria of Spectrum Virtual’s insurance carrier for acceptance of coverage
- Must be eligible for employment in the USA
- Background check will be required of any applicant
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com