This is a position for people with a drive and passion for technology and security. Spectrum Virtual is seeking applicants for a Level 2 Service Desk Technician role. This position includes a wide range of responsibilities
This position is 20% desktop support, 40% systems administration, and 40% project installations. This is a team-based position where you will be responsible for interacting with clients over the phone, through chat, as well as online through remote support tools.
Benefits include health coverage and paid vacation as this job is a fulltime position.
Level 2 Service Desk Technician responsibilities include:
- Manage and perform System Administrator responsibilities: Windows Server, Active Directory services and troubleshooting Microsoft applications
- Supporting of Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 and Office 365 environment
- Administration and migration experience with Office 365
- Install and configure new Windows 10 desktops
- Support virtualized networks such as VMware and support via Citrix
- Provide input and participate in strategic planning sessions
- Provide end-user Desktop and Virtual Desktop support via remote support tools
- Staging and configuring Firewall and network environments in our lab before customer deployment.
- Documenting new customer environment and working
- Serve as Escalation point for any advanced issues, assisting team members with resolving customer issues.
Qualified candidates will have:
- The willingness to jump in and perform setups and support according to our standards and best practices.
- The ability to simultaneously document your activities, findings, research and conversations on every task and project.
- Great organizational skills and methodical and detail-oriented decision making
- A desire to work in a collaborative environment with our other consultants and engineers.
- The ability to set and communicate clear expectations for yourself, coworkers and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to make presentations and discuss all aspects of the client environment with business owners, executives and decision makers
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop; must be flexible, coachable and open to other points of view
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to pass a background check successfully
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance
- Cloud base technology experience – Office 365, Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud
- 2 – 5 years of IT Infrastructure and maintenance support
- Previous MSP experience
- Previous Active Directory administration, DHCP, DNS, Virtualization
- Troubleshooting LAN/WAN routing and connectivity issues.
- General knowledge of routing, switching, and firewalling.
- Basic Cisco (or other) network equipment knowledge.
- Experience with various modern desktop and server operating system administration.
- Experience and or exposure to Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and Server 2016
- Understanding of Virtual Desktops and Terminal server environments.
- Understanding of Next-gen Firewall’s and VPN
- Virtual Machines (VMWare, Xenserver, Citrix)
- Create and maintain Help Desk tickets to track issue resolution and billing.
- Ability to build a strong relationship and level of trust with clients.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- An understanding of remote support tools via VPN, RDP or team viewer.
- Positive, energetic, and professional demeanor.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Microsoft Office
Experience with these technologies is a plus:
- Configuring, implementing, troubleshooting and updating various backup disaster recovery tools like Veeam, Windows Backup, Shadowprotect, and other technologies
- ConnectWise Manage, Connectwise Automate (LabTech) or other PSA and RMM tools
- Firewall and VPN configuration Fortinet, Meraki, Cisco, Sonicwall, Sophos
- Remote technologies like Remote Desktop, ScreenConnect, and Citrix
- Cloud file solutions like DropBox and OneDrive and Anchor
- SAN and NAS storage devices – Synology, Nimble, HP
- Android and iPhone/iPad
- Apple Mac
- Linux administration
- Understanding of compliance standards such as HIPAA, PCI and SOX.
- Reliable auto transportation and insurance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks must be demonstrated.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Benefits include: health coverage, training and certifications, team activities such as go-karting, playing paintball and Friday lunches. This is a full-time permanent position on a salary.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.